SAI 2020: The Universe in the Classroom
Space Science and the NGSS
Presented by The Teacher Learning Center at
The Astronomical Society of the Pacific
A Hands-on Workshop for Educators and Teachers of Grades 5-12
Monday-Thursday, July 27-30, 2020
8:30 – 4:30 daily
Astronomical Society of the Pacific
390 Ashton Ave.
San Francisco, California
2 units of academic credit available through The University of the Pacific.
In addition to four days of activities, participants receive:
- The Universe at Your Fingertips 2.0 compilation of astronomy resources (a $30 value);
- And more!
Workshop Content Includes:
- Classroom tested, inquiry-rich activities designed to help students learn the processes of science through the study of space science;
- Supports Three-dimensional learning in the Next Generation Science Standards;
- Connections to Literacy and the Common Core;
- Astronomy connections for teachers of biology, chemistry, and physics;
- Workshop strands include: Tools of the Astronomer; Telescopes and Spectroscopes; Exploring the Solar System; Eclipses, Light, and Shadows; Cross-curricular Integration; and More!
- Time to reflect on classroom practice and adapting instruction for integrating space science content.
- Brian Kruse, ASP Director of the Teacher Learning Center;
- Linda Shore, ASP Executive Director;
- Guest Speakers: